|Forest Spirit / Skogsrået|
Available as Fine Art Print:
in my Society6 shop
My name is Sandra Hultsved and I am a self-taught artist & illustrator, based in Stockholm, Sweden. I create art from my emotions and depict stories about dark romance, melancholy and unfortunate events, which gives a sense of quiet desperation. I draw my artworks mainly with graphite pencils and ink, with great inspiration from nature - particularly the forests of Wermland, where I grew up.|
The real dark place for me is the reality, there’s too much crap in this world and sometimes I can’t take no more. Therefor I flee into my own fairytale world and to my art, then I can endure a little bit longer. Art has always been my form of therapy and the only true way for me to express my inner feelings.
I’m open for commissions and freelance work. Currently I’m seeking gallery representation.
Feel free to contact me!
Self produced Prints (Limited Editions) and Postcards can be found in my
Etsy shop: www.etsy.com/shop/SandraHultsv…
Merchandise and Fine Art Prints:
More info about my art can be found on my website:
I got tagged by STelari to do this ’DA 15’th birthday’-questionnaire, which is very suiting for me now because I’m celebrating 10 years on DA!
How long have you been on DeviantArt?
– Like I just said 10 years at Aug 7. I was on my last year in high school when Aukerjii introduced me to this art site, and ever since DA became my first home, where I didn’t feel so different after all.
What does your username mean?
– It’s now just simply my name.
Describe yourself in three words.
– Nostalgic, romantic and …melancholic. I have no idea really….
Are you left or right handed?
What was your first deviation?
– I’ve cleaned up since, but I’d guess it was a portrait in graphite pencils of Avril Lavigne, I drew her a lot then, she was my greatest idol.
What is your favourite type of art to create?
– I like to create when I’ve come up with a great concept or story and are able to convey it into an artwork, that expresses the emotion and atmosphere I had in my mind. I also like when it has a dark twist to it that might not be so obvious at first glance.
If you could instantly master a different art style, what would it be?
– Oil paint. And I’d love to do ballet. Or opera!
What was your first favourite?
What type of art do you tend to favourite the most?
– As I look through my favorites, I’d say they tend to look similar to my own artworks or what inspires me the most at the moment. That is in other words now melancholic girls, enchanting nature and dark romance.
Who is your all-time favourite deviant artist?
– Gosh, impossible to say! But here are some of my all time favorite artworks by them!
To see more I've collected some in this fav folder: sandrahultsved.deviantart.com/…
If you could meet anyone on DeviantArt in person, who would it be?
– Hum, so many again that I could say, but here are some people that have become my friends here and whom I also admire: ascenciok StefaniaRusso Katerina-Art Sieskja MADmoiselleMeli dustfae artsaves1228 UnripeHamadryad STelari TheDarkRayne Bathoriya Zindy GrimDreamArt
How has a fellow deviant impacted your life?
– What a difficult question, but I think everyone that has ever commented or faved and supported me in my art here has in a way. And of course every amazing artist I've come across here, who have showed me what more you can do with art. And made me inspired to create and to develop my art into what it is today.
What are your preferred tools to create art?
– Graphite pencils, ink pen and ink.
What is the most inspirational place for you to create art?
– I can only draw when I’m alone at my desk, preferably listening to music or radio, to keep me focused and just get carried away in my work. Otherwise I’d say the forest, it gives me a lot of inspiration, or the bus/train cause then I can think deep and get ideas.
What is your favourite DeviantArt memory?
– Off the top of my head, I’d say when I received my first DD on The bride, or when Natalie Shau favorited it, whom I’ve been admiring for ages
Thanks for reading all the way through